MORE ABOUT JESUS: WHO IS JESUS? | Forum

Mike Odeh Jan 16
TOPIC: WHO IS JESUS?

Text: Matthew 1:1-17

Christ had a genealogy! Christ did not drop down from the skies! Jesus Christ as Son of man  is the Son of David, the Son of Abraham ! As diety, He is God the Son. Jesus Christ the Son of the living God to be able to  relate to man, took on the form of man in every way!

Every man has a genealogy, so Christ in accordance to the Word of God and aforementioned promises and prophecies 100 upon 100 of years, came through the genealogy of the Father of faith, Abraham and the King after God's heart David.

Why the Son of Abraham, because God the Father made a promise to Abraham in Genesis 12:3.

" I will bless those who bless you, and will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

Why the Son of David, because God the Father made a promise to David in 2 Samuel 7:16.

" And your house and your kingdom  shall be established forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever."

Christ coming as the Son of Abraham and the Son of David was the perfect will of God the Father! Glory! He made promises and He doesn't forget, He doesn't fail.

Our text today was able to trace the genealogy of Christ from Joseph the carpenter through David to Abraham the father of faith.

In the story of Christ genealogy,we can clearly see the work of grace. A reflection of what He was going to offer to all race and genealogy.

Jesus Christ came from a family line dented by imperfections, betrayal, compromises, idolatry and even immorality.

Of note is Tamar, the daughter in law of Judah who tricked him into sleeping with her and ended up having a set of twins for him. (Genesis 38).

Rehab the prostitute in Joshua 2 and Ruth the Moabite in the book of Ruth all obtained mercy and became part of the the genealogy of the the Messiah.

Only a few of His ancestors if any had a consistent relationship with God. Every one of His ancestors sinned against God in one way or another! And some of His ancestors stood out among others as it relates to sin, idolatry, adultery, immorality, murder etc 

In His genealogy we can see clearly why He came! We can also relate to His genealogy! You have a genealogy, so does Christ! You have a family genealogy you are not so proud of, so does Christ! 

You can relate to Christ!

Prayer: Lord thank You for sending Your Son Jesus in the flesh! So I can relate with Him in every way! And help me to please You in this life as Christ also did. In Jesus precious name I pray. Amen!

The Forum post is edited by Mike Odeh Jan 24